Congratulations Saira Dalal who been selected in the 2018 WA State U16’s Girls team. To mark this great achievement we’ve asked Saira a few questions so we can all get to learn a bit more of her journey into Youth Girls Football at Coolbinia and now on to representing her State at U16’s level.
Saira wears #46 when playing for Coolbinia. This was the number that her Grandfather wore when he was playing footy as a kid in Jeparit, Victoria. For the State team Saira wears jumper #11. Until season 2017, Saira had never played Football for a team. Up until then Saira was competing in Tae Kwon Do, where she is a 2nd Pom (Dan) Black Belt. Saira was a 3 time National Champion and represented Australia at the Cadet (Age 12 -14) level in 2012 travelling to the World Tae Kwon Do Championships in Azerbaijan. Saira stopped competing in Tae Kwon Do at the end of 2016 and took up football with her first game at Coolbinia in the successful season of 2017 when our Girls team went through undefeated to claim the Premiership.
Recently as part of the State team preparations Saira and her State U16 teammates got to play on Optus Stadium as the Curtain Raiser to the Fremantle V St Kilda game.
Fantastic to see for these girls and the Female Program at the Coolbinia Bombers
- Saira when did you start playing Football? I have always enjoyed kicking a footy, but did not start actually playing on a team until last year (2017) at Coolbinia
- First Year at Coolbinia? 2017
- What you like best about playing Football? Physical aspect and team comradery
- Favourite Position? Centre Half Forward
- When and where are the U16’s Girls playing this year? This year we will only be playing games here in Perth
- Favourite AFL Team? Essendon Bombers
Good luck for your Future Saira, from everyone at the club Congratulations on a great personal achievement.
2018 State Female U16’s Team
Photo: Phil Barnes Photography
Categorised in: News
This post was written by Coolbinia Bombers[ssba]