Starkick is an All Abilities football team for boys and girls aged between between 5 and 17.
Founded and launched by the Coolbinia Bombers JFC in 2015, the program promotes inclusion, equality and opportunity and runs as an integral part of the Clubs Auskick Centre.
Starkick caters for children who by circumstance or choice are unable to join into an existing Football program. Children who may need extra support or time to achieve their goals are supported by a team of volunteers.
Starkick aims to cater for all disabilities and runs by a simple mantra –
“If you want to play we will find a way”
To Register or find out more information use the links below or Watch some of the Videos to learn more.
See, hear and read what Starkick is all about.
|Starkick Launch day 2015 – 9 News Perth||Fremantle Dockers Supporting Starkick|
|Starkick Testimonial – A summary of Starkick||9 News cover the First ever Starkick Interclub Games 2017|
|Starkick recognised in a speech to Federal Parliament||Starkick – Great Hall, Parliament House Canberra National Disability Awards|
|Starkick – 2016 National Disability Award Finalists with Fremantle Dockers Foundation||2019 Starkick – AFL Visit from Fremantle Dockers|
….or read some more Starkick coverage and stories
CBJFC Win State Community Service Excellence Award
|CBJFC Win Dept of Sport and Recreation Industry Award|
James Lush ABC Breakfast
Interview on Starkick
Going the distance (Story)
A day at Starkick
Launch of Starkick
Starkick Kids Shine (Story)
Look Mum I can play Footy
Game on for all the Family
Just another kid playing footy (Story)
|CBJFC Parent information night
(Video 1) (Video 2) (Video 3)
| Introduction to Starkick
Benefits to children
- Children engage in games and activities geared towards their own abilities
- Inclusion and equality – A sense of belonging and being part of a wider team and club
- Children learn the basics of teamwork
- Children are provided with the necessary support and when required have access to 1 on 1 assistance.
- Children learn the basic principles and importance of physical activity
- Through specially arranged team activities, children learn important social skills, including cooperation and respect for others
- Contact with older children and adults provides valuable role model experiences
- Generally, children benefit from greater levels of confidence and self-awareness and improved health, fitness and overall well-being
- Physical activity develops motor and social skills and intellectual capacities.
- Physically active children are more attentive, have a more efficient memory, enhanced creativity and better learning, and problem solving and attitude capabilities
- Starkick aims to help children develop to their full potential but never forgetting the overall goal of having fun.
Benefits to parents
- Opportunities for safe, quality family time that results in family bonding
- A sense of belonging and community involvement
- The opportunity to engage with children and other families
- Greater social contact and interaction
Benefits to the community
- A stronger social fabric and improved community health
- Creating a framework for enhanced inclusion and acceptance for everyone
- An opportunity to reach out to all members of the community for inclusion within a Club based environment
- Enhanced family and non-family support networks
- Create awareness in the wider community for both children and adults
- Community structure serves as positive models for other community programs that rely on volunteer support
GENERAL ENQUIRIES: email@example.com